What is Time to Get Active?
We're challenging you to take on a virtual cycle, run or swim across the month of September. Cycle 200 miles, run 30 miles or set your own challenge across 30 days. Take part over the course of 1 weekend, 1 week or 1 month - it's up to you.
When and where can I take part in Time to Get Active?
Time to Get Active is taking place over 30 days from 1 September to 30 September 2020. It’s a virtual challenge, so you can take part anywhere and at any time during the month. At home before breakfast, over a weekend, or even during your lunch breaks – you decide!
Who can take part?
We encourage anyone of any age to take part. You might be totally new to the activity, looking for a new way to get fit or training for another event. If you have any health concerns, please consult your doctor before taking on the challenge.
How do I sign up?
Registration is totally free and you’ll get fundraising and training support in the lead up to, and during, your challenge.
Can we take part as a team?
Yes, Time to Get Active is a great team challenge! Why not join together with friends, family or your colleagues?
When you register, you can create a team or join one if it’s already been set up.
Here’s how to set up a team:
- Create a name for your team while you’re registering.
- Once you’ve finished your registration and have secured your own team page, use the Invite Members button on your team page to send email invitations to your team members.
If someone else has set up the team, just search for the team name when you’re registering and you’ll be automatically connected once you complete your registration.
Is there a fundraising target?
We’re encouraging everyone to raise £50. All of the money raised will support our exercise programme. A gift of £50 could go towards helping an expert physiotherapist run tailored, online exercise classes. Exercise helps people to manage symptoms, and slow the progression of Parkinson's.
Do you have any fundraising advice?
Your online fundraising page will be automatically set up for you when you sign up. We also have a Time to Get Active fundraising resource section, which will give you all the tips you need.
How do I use MapMyFitness and Strava and how do I connect them to my everydayhero page?
How will Parkinson’s UK know when I have completed my chosen distance?
All of the miles from either MapMyFitness or Strava will be automatically logged with us.
Can I track my miles without using an app?
Of course! If you’d prefer not to use a fitness app you can still easily keep track of your miles through your fundraising page by manually updating it using the simple steps below. That way your friends and family will still be able to see how you’re progressing. You can add miles to your page manually using these simple instructions:
- Go to your fundraising page – this was automatically set-up for you when you signed-up to Time to Get Active.
- Log in to your fundraising page using the email address and password you supplied during sign-up (don’t worry if you’ve forgotten either of these, there’s the option to re-set).
- Just below the ‘Post an update’ box, you’ll see your activity. Click on this and it will open up a box
- Edit the number of miles, your duration, and the time of day you completed your miles by clicking on the links.
- Click ‘post’ and then refresh your page – it should now appear in your feed.
When will I have to have finished my fundraising?
To receive an official certificate with your correct fundraising total on, we ask for all donations to be in by 31 October 2020.
How do I pay in my offline fundraising?
There are a few different ways you can send in any additional offline donations:
- You can pay them in to your online fundraising page yourself.
- You can send in a cheque (made payable to Parkinson’s UK) to:
Parkinson’s UK Events team
215 Vauxhall Bridge Road
- You can give us a call on 020 7932 1356 and pay in your donations over the phone.